Volkslied van Belize
|Volkslied van Belize|
Land of the Free
Samuel A. Haynes
|Jaar van invoering||1981|
O, land of the free by the carib Sea,
- our manhood we pledge to thy liberty!
- No tyrants here linger, despots must flee
- This tranquil haven of democracy
- The blood of our sires which hallows the sod,
- Brought freedom from slavery oppression's rod,
- By the might of truth and the grace of God.
- No longer shall we be hewers of wood.
Arise! ye sons of the Baymen's clan,
- put on your armour, clear the land!
- Drive back the tyrants, let despots flee-
- Land of the Free by the Carib Sea!
Nature has blessed thee with wealth untold,
- O'er mountains and valleys where praries roll;
- Our fathers, the Baymen, valiant and bold
- Drove back the invader; this heritage hold
- From proud Rio Hondo to old Sarstoon'
- Through coral isle, over blue lagoon;
- Keep watch with the angels, the stars and moon;
- For freedom comes tomorrow's noon.